Merchandise Manager - London
We have an exciting new role for an experienced Planner/Senior Planner who is highly commercial with a strong trading mentality. The Merchandise Manager will be accountable for Trading all Concept stores and will need to work with the Merchandising Director to build departmental process and strategy in order to optimise sales and stock levels.
Main responsibilities of this role will include:
- Input into annual store budgeting and quarterly re-forecasting process.
- Oversee Drop launches across all stores - ensure timely deliveries and accurate allocations.
- Optimise store replenishment process.
- Work with the Planning Manager to identify re-order requirements in-Season and work to ensure Partners are placing orders in line with this.
- Analyse performance in stores on a weekly basis- identify trends, risks and opportunities and work with Retail Operations to maximise sales
- Work with Planning Manager to ensure best-fit product mix by market type and store type recognizing diverse needs of Brand.
- Oversee Retail Events Calendar, ensure localised events are planned for and reported on.
- Consolidate weekly Retail feedback and share with the Product teams.
- Carry out store visits to high turnover stores and ensure communication with the Retail function is fluid and informative. Work with Visual and Retail teams to ensure space in store is optimised and cash densities are maximized.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- A strong understanding of Retail systems
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Demonstrate logical analysis and positive problem solving skills
- Ability to analyze, present and communicate information in a manner that allows informed decision-making
- Possesses an ability to understand financial measurements and how to impact them
- A strong trading mentality; ability to work at pace, challenge results and information to identify challenges, drive for results and track record of success.
- Skilled at finding opportunities to achieve profit in any situation, trading mentality to support and develop product areas
- Recognises and encourages outstanding performance and able manage poor performance effectively
- Impact & Influence; ability to present facts, opinions and proposals persuasively to colleagues, Senior Management Team and Merchandising Team