About the School
OUR SCHOOL is a non-selective, 11-18 foundation high school located on the Kent coast. The school is over-subscribed and very popular in the local area. They are going through a very interesting period and are about to convert to academy status The role is for a highly qualified Teacher of Science to join a hard-working and well-equipped department. The successful candidate will be able to teach Science to GCSE. This post would be suitable for an experienced teacher or an NQT.
About the Role:
Generic Duties / Accountabilities
- You will be responsible for teaching Science GCSE to KS3 & 4 Students
- Carry out the duties of a school teacher as set out in the Pay and Conditions Document 2010 and subject to any amendments due to government legislation.
- Uphold the school’s principles and policies (which underpin good practice and the raising of standards).
- Demonstrate a thorough and up-to-date knowledge of the teaching of your subject and take account of wider curriculum developments which are relevant to your work.
- Consistently and effectively plan lessons and sequences of lessons to meet students’ individual learning needs.
- Consistently and effectively use a range of appropriate strategies for teaching and classroom management.
- Consistently and effectively use information about prior attainment to set well-grounded expectations for pupils and monitor progress to give clear, constructive and impactful feedback.
- Demonstrate that, as a result of your teaching, your students achieve well relative to their prior attainment.
- Take responsibility for your professional development and use the outcomes to improve your teaching and students’ learning.
- Keep personal records of all staff development activities in which you are/have been involved.
- Make an active contribution to the policies and aspirations of the school.
Rikama Education are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All staff will hold an enhanced DBS disclosure (or be prepared to allow us to process one for you), need to provide professional or academic references and attend a face to face interview.