Sales Support Coordinator - Trade
An exciting opportunity to join DBD’s Sales Support team as a Sales Support Coordinator. DBD is a family business that has grown into the UK’s leading Appliance Installation Distributor. We remain an intimate business, proud of our people, service, relationships and success. It’s a challenge, but we do so by remaining true to our values.
Your role as a Sales Support Coordinator is to deliver a professional service to small house builders and trade customers, from quotation to fulfillment of order. Managing customer relationships and generating new business.
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
• To build a relationship with the customer so that we effectively manage the customer relationship from an internal perspective. This requires excellent communication skills & full comprehension of their specific requirements to provide a tailored & consistent service
• Quote, check & receive orders from new & existing customers. Assist the customer with product specification & technical enquiries, providing supporting documentation
• To issue proforma orders & process payments for all non-credit account customers in liaison with customer finance before goods are supplied. Support the Customer Finance Team in the resolution of customer invoice queries
• To ensure we provide an excellent service to our customers by working with colleagues & the customer to resolve any issues that arise. This could include:
• Handling stock related issues that arise where the manufacturer is not able to supply the ordered product in time to achieve the customer’s deadline
• Providing accurate & up to date delivery information to the customer, updating them when any changes occur
• Assist the Sales Support team with all aspects of the role during peak periods & Colleague absence
Skills & Attributes
• Strong customer service skills to be able to positively communicate important messages to our customers & professionally handle any issues that arise
• Excellent attention to detail - high accuracy when proof reading documents & handling quotes to ensure all information is correct
• Comfortable communicating with people on all different levels & through a variety of methods such as telephone, email & face to face
• Strong organizational skills to balance various requirements of the role & ensure you’re working to also support your colleagues
• Ability to work effectively under pressure & prioritise workload so that we deal with all requests in an efficient manner
• Strong computer skills in MS Office and ability to quickly pick up & learn new systems
• Excellent commercial acumen - able to demonstrate clear knowledge of the industry, our customer, the marketplace and uses this knowledge to make profitable decisions for DBD
• Ideal candidate will have previous experience in a sales role - ideally within the construction/distribution industry
You Consistently Demonstrate Our Company Values:
• Helpful - Pro-actively does everything possible to deliver exception service for our customers. Loves problem solving to identify resolutions in order to help others
• Ethical - Reflects a straightforward and honest approach in all your interactions. Does not cover up mistakes/errors, but openly works with team to reduce and overcome them
• Customer focused -Every customer feels like they are given "special" treatment and is kept informed. Willing to do everything possible to deliver excellent service to them
• Innovative - constantly seeking ways to improve. Reviews current processes & systems & looks to implement improvements to the benefit of yourself, colleagues & our customer
Job Title: Sales Support Coordinator - Trade
Salary: £18,000-£24,000 with flexible benefits
Location: Hemel Hempstead
Hours: 8.30 - 5.00
Contract Type: Permanent
Please apply online with your CV and covering letter.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application for this Sales Support Coordinator role has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.