Territory Sales Manager - Ophthalmology
Territory Sales Manager Central England - Birmingham / Wales - Ophthalmology
(£40K Basic + £15K OTE uncapped)
Rapidly growing company who are a manufacturer and supplier of single use surgical instruments, specialising in ophthalmology within the Medical Devices sector.
You will be one of eight territory sales managers reporting directly to the UK Sales Manager.
Responsible for maintaining approx. 85 hospitals/customers over a large geographical area covering central England and Wales. Some overnight stays will be necessary to maximise travel time and customer interactions.
You will have autonomy within the role to visit your accounts on a 3-6 month rolling cycle ensuring all departments are visited within each hospital.
You are also tasked with developing existing customer spend through our extensive range of instruments and packs while acquiring new business and converting customers from competition. Lead generation through completion of the sales cycle, maximising sales revenue, and bespoke and custom pack creation with the emphasis on client involvement are key responsibilities.
Using your product knowledge, you will be expected to meet ambitious but realistic sales targets each month.
You will be required to be industry aware with product development, market trends and emerging technology. There is a requirement to pass stage assessments within your probation period. These assessments will include product knowledge, procedure knowledge, theatre environment knowledge and pricing.
Attending regional and international conferences/exhibitions will be required.
This is an excellent opportunity for a proven consultative territory sales manager to maximise on the rapidly growing need for single use products in the medical devices sector.
- Exhibits a proven track record of success within a sales environment, working towards targets
- A natural business acumen to seek out opportunities and maximise sales
- Ability to influence and negotiate
- Willing to learn and self-develop. There are always new things to learn about procedures, surgeon preferences and instrument features.
- Experience of territory management and diary planning is essential because of the size of the territory.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Confident at presenting new products and ideas to surgeons, doctors and healthcare professionals
- Strong IT skills, CRM working knowledge and quote creation. OneNote, OneDrive, Evernote, Dropbox, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SAP are some of the different software tools we currently use.
- Self-motivated, driven and hungry for success
- Excellent telephone manner. Because of the size of the territory a large amount of time will be spent on the phone qualifying leads.
- Knowledge of the sales process
- An interest in life sciences, human anatomy or biology
- Full UK drivers licence. A history of a previous driving role is essential.
- Evidence of professional relationship development with customers
- Experience working in an Ophthalmic/Optical or Pharmaceutical sales position.
- Working knowledge of the theatre/clinical environment
- A university degree, ideally life sciences or business/marketing
- Experience of working with a large portfolio of products in different disciplines.
- Understands the buying context of the NHS/ Private Hospital/ NHSSC
- Full product/procedure knowledge and sales training will be provided on a continual basis.
- Company car
- iPad, Laptop, and iPhone
- Private health insurance
- Company pension scheme
- 23 days’ holiday allowance (with increases for time served) plus statuary days.
- Opportunities for international travel
- Opportunities for further training and professional development