Purchasing Manager - Leeds - to £30,000 + Benefits
Purchasing Manager is required for my Leeds based client. They are seeking a self-motivated and target driven individual looking for the next step in their purchasing career.
Working closely with the Stock Manager, this role will take responsibility for improving quality and delivery performance across the business, and will focus on cost reduction projects. You will work with existing suppliers to review and renegotiate current agreements, as well as seeking out new suppliers and negotiating/setting up new contracts. Main responsibilities will include: -
- Agreeing competitive tenders/quotations from suppliers
- Working closely with the stock controller and Engineering department to ensure new materials meet strict quality standards
- Managing the raising of purchase orders / contracts for the supply of materials and to ensure the maintenance of the purchase order system.
- Authorising payment of suppliers' invoices in case of a price issue
- Financial reporting to ensure compliance in line with company P&L
- Establishing and maintaining good business relationship with suppliers.
- Liaising with suppliers to establish cost targets and implement manufacturing cost savings
- Working with manufacturing to implement and manage cost savings
The client is looking for somebody who is extremely driven, enthusiastic and energetic who can handle a demanding role in a busy environment. In addition: -
- Hold your CIPS (Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply) qualification or be working towards this
- Have worked with ERP systems
- Already worked within a global buying team.
- Be a strong negotiator with proven experience in cost reduction
- Have controlled your own budget within a purchasing role
- Target Driven
- Likes to be challenged
This is a fantastic opportunity for somebody looking for their next career move who wants to join a growing business, who believe in helping their employees achieve their very best.