Purchasing Officer - Notts City
The SF Group are recruiting for a business located in the heart of Nottingham City. This is an exceptionally dynamic role to match the vibrant company! The are recruiting for a Purchasing Officer to join the team where you will be working in a stand alone role but alongside the finance team, so you won't be on your own!
The role includes leading or supporting on procurement activities: sourcing, negotiating, analysis, monitoring & control and contract management. It demands close working relations with internal clients and liaison with external partners.
What will you be doing?
- Taking direction from internal clients to lead on sourcing of product lines and equipment
- To provide analytical support to internal clients negotiating procurement of major supply contracts
- Constant liaison and negotiation with wet supply partners to deliver products at the best prices connecting into supplier promotional activities where relevant
- To lead on EPOS till system data management ensuring accurate and updated product and pricing information.
- Using EPOS systems to execute ordering of wet product lines and, in addition, to provide stock control analysis
- Planned market testing and negotiation with the existing supplier database to reap the best value and cost gains and to source new suppliers to maintain competition within the supply chain.
- To oversee general management of the supply chain: organising contract documentation, planning for key dates & events (e.g. contract expiry), maintaining contacts and communication, coordination.
- Stock Control monitoring including line check on site (monthly)
- Support to finance with stock control / ordering issues arising
- Such other tasks that become necessary from time to time.
What will you need?
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- IT literate; Microsoft Excel basic knowledge
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Attention to detail and well organised
- Financially savvy with understanding of basic accounting terms
- Excellent influencing and communication skills
- Some experience in either the industry or a similar role (if from a different industry) is preferred
This role is based in the City so please note parking is at the candidates cost, they do have a tram and cycle to work scheme - most employees take advantage of this!
Hour are usually 9-5pm but they are a company where they are able to look at more flexible full time hours so if you preferred 10-6pm they are happy to do this!