We are currently searching for a skilled, knowledgeable management accountant seeking for their next fantastic opportunity.
Our client is a values driven Not-for-Profit organisation situated just outside Birmingham city centre. The finance team is a small, tight knit unit that has recently undergone reorganisation to ensure processes run as efficiently as possible.
The job will primarily involved producing monthly management accounts of the business, and to review and supervise subsidiary accounts. This will entail ensuring monthly submissions from subsidiary ledgers is correct, reviewing balance sheets and ensuring reconciliations are completed.
Furthermore, reports also must be produced monthly showing group and departmental financial performance, and variances on these reports must be investigated. This role will also get involved with year end processes, including reconciliations and preparations for the external audit.
Finally, the role involves leading the finance team and therefore performing 1-2-1 meetings according to the group's HR policy.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have previously worked in a management accountant role - essential
- AAT or Part Qualified CIMA/ACCA - essential
- Target and deadline focused, and able to demonstrate this - essential
- Be able to work within, and manage, a team - essential
- Be able to do variance analysis, budget preparation and have strong data skills - essential
An excellent opportunity for an ambitious, part qualified, skilled management accountant with a desire to progress, better their skills and take on significant responsibilities for an excellent pay package.