FRS Accountancy is currently assisting this niche business in their search for a Finance Manager. This role will play an integral part in the company's financial positioning. It will provide strategic, considered and opportunistic financial guidance to ensure the financial commitments of the business are fulfilled.
Duties will include:
- Overall control of the accounting functions. Reporting to MD & external FD.
- Financial planning and analysis, providing timely and accurate reports and metrics relevant to an SME.
- Financial management including complete control of all financial transactions and accountancy matters supported by one accounts assistant.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Preparation and maintenance of all financial records in accordance with company standards.
- Budget production and forecasting.
- Analysis of costs of production/sales figures on monthly/quarterly basis.
- Responsible for statutory reporting (VAT, EC sales, annual returns to Companies House etc).
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts and liaising with external agency for submittal.
- Managing external relationships (Bankers, Accountants, Govt organisations).
- Corporation tax computations with external accountants.
- Payroll and pension management.
- Working with one accounts/input assistant.
- Involvement in the wider operational matters of an SME such as secretarial responsibilities, IT, HR compliance, insurances etc.
- Contributing to Company Management and Growth Programme planning meetings.
The successful candidate will be / have:
- A qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) or Qualified by Experience.
- A commercially aware and enthusiastic professional, able to work autonomously and be proactive.
- Willing to adopt a hands-on work ethic.
- Technically strong and confident in carrying the responsibilities associated with the position.
- Flexible when required to meet the needs of the business.
- Experienced in maintaining systems and procedures to ensure efficient data management, including good IT skills.
- Able to demonstrate a proven track record of performance reporting and producing management and statutory financial statements.