Do you believe the world deserves excellence?
We currently have an exciting opportunity in our Facilities department in Hemel Hempstead, working as a Facilities Manager within the Facilities team.
About the Role:
Reporting in to the Head of Facilities UK, this role has responsibility for the day-to-day management and compliance of all Facilities related tasks, including management of contractors, Line management of 2 FM staff, reactive and planned maintenance schedules. Primary responsibilities will be to our testing facilities at Hemel Hempstead whilst providing support and liaising with Loughborough University, the location of our electrical and gas testing facilities.
To be successful in this role you’ll have proven team management experience and the ability to build strong and credible relationships. You’ll have excellent communication skills which will be critical in your relationships with internal stakeholders, contractors and suppliers and you’ll have demonstrable experience of ensuring customer satisfaction. You’ll be able to appropriately challenge and seek opportunities for continual improvement along with having a clear understanding of implementing process flows and procedures. You’ll also have experience of managing department budgets and capital expenditure.
In addition you’ll have:
- Knowledge of HVAC
- Desirable IOSH qualification
- Experience of managing projects
- Good report writing skills
- Proven team player with excellent customer focus
- Good organisational and influencing skills
- Aspirational and creative self-starter
- Competent with Microsoft Office and general IT
- BIFM Qualification
- Knowledge of lean/agile work practices
- Utilisation of space including an understanding workplace change and the adoption of technology
- An understanding of quality systems and their use in business management
- Audit and compliance capability
- Flexible to meet the challenging needs of the business
What we offer:
We offer a highly competitive starting salary. We are offering 27 days annual leave with the opportunity to increase this to 30 days, company-paid private medical insurance, an excellent company-contributed pension scheme, and a wide range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your life-style.
BSI (British Standards Institution) is the business standards company that equips businesses with the necessary solutions to turn standards of best practice into habits of excellence. Renowned for its marks of excellence including the consumer recognized BSI Kitemark™, BSI’s influence spans multiple sectors including Aerospace, Automotive, Built Environment, Food, Healthcare and ICT. With over 81,000 clients in 180 countries, BSI is an organization whose standards inspire excellence across the globe.