Calibrate Engineering Recruitment (Part of the Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group) are currently working with a Sheffield based Engineering business as they look to add to their quality department with an experienced Quality Engineer with a background within the metals/engineering sector.
The purpose of this role is to lead in the development of processes and people to meet the needs of customers, regulatory bodies and their own Business Management System. You must also be able to help the company develop and improve the processes and practices employed to manage these elements too.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, your duties will involve:
- Generation, control and acceptance of process, and product quality documentation
- Act as the Quality Leadership for the Business Unit allocated and act as the customers first point of contact for quality matters
- Regularly review quality and regulatory requirements and ensure compliance is achieved
- Oversee and undertake inspections of product and paperwork both internally and at suppliers where required
- Develop manufacturing methods to reduce the costs of Quality Control
- Responsible for the control and reduction of Non Conformance both in the product, process and suppliers engaged in the manufacture of Nuclear product
- Directly or indirectly provide employee development to ensuring that each member of the team is suitably trained, capable or qualified to undertake the tasks given
- Execute audits in line with the schedules set
- Co-Ordinate improvement activities that support the ongoing improvement of the quality performance of the business unit.
- Assist the NPI team in the provision of all Quality Assurance documentation associated with the introduction of New Product
- Complete customer reject, concession, production permit and PIR documentation as required inclusive of investigatory activities (8D)
- Provide feedback to the team and company regarding quality performance
The company are looking from an experienced Quality Engineer from a manufacturing or precision engineering background who ideally has experience of the Aerospace, Automotive or Nuclear industries.
The company can offer a competitive basic salary plus other benefits.
Calibrate Engineering Recruitment is a division of the Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group focusing on the recruitment of talent in engineering, technical and operations jobs in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of accountancy and finance recruitment we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.brewsterpratap.co.uk for more information on engineering Jobs, engineering recruitment, manufacturing Jobs or manufacturing Recruitment.