Business Development Manager - East and West Midlands
Do you believe the world deserves excellence?
We currently have an exciting opportunity in our Sales department, working as a Business Development Manager (East and West Midlands) within the highly successful Knowledge Solutions regional sales team.
About the Role:
This role offers real diversity and variety; you’ll be representing BSI selling and advising on a range of world class business improvement solutions (such as BSOL, Compliance Navigator and EC+) to a wide range of new clients across a wide range of business sectors.
From converting initial enquiries right through to closing a deal, we require a sales person who can demonstrate high levels of new business acquisition, is not afraid to ask questions and will fully explore customer's requests whilst building strong internal networks enabling you to fully capitalize on key opportunities.
To drive new business across a specific territory in the UK and manage, identify and research new business opportunities, understand customer needs and actively engage and promote BSI Knowledge Solutions products and solutions to external customers and prospects whilst maintaining strong relationships with the internal support teams.
The UK Business Development Manager’s core responsibility is to sell new online subscription solutions, identify white space in our regional core sectors and ultimately drive revenue growth through high levels of new business activity.
To be successful in this role you’ll have demonstrable new business acquisition skills regularly exceeding targets through prospecting and high levels of activity. A thorough knowledge of the sales process, territory management and planning is required along with a clear ability to build strong internal networks and virtual teams to support existing customer growth and new client acquisition.
- Experience in managing and driving new business sales
- Proven experience in identifying and securing new business opportunities
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Excellent customer relationship skills and a drive to consistently exceed customer expectations
- Demonstrable experience of success within a direct sales role, preferably within the publishing or information industries, is highly desirable
- Ability to confidently communicate, present and negotiate on all levels
- Enthusiastic approach with the ability to work on own initiative or as part of the team
- A positive outlook with desire to learn and embrace new challenges
- Full UK driving licence is essential
- Creative and innovative with a drive for continuous improvement
- Preferred education to degree level (or equivalent) in a relevant field
- Good database knowledge as well as Word and Excel skills with fluent written and spoken English
What we offer:
We offer a highly competitive starting salary, company car and great OTE of 30% of base salary and a company car. We are offering 27 days annual leave with the opportunity to increase this to 30 days, company-paid private medical insurance, an excellent company-contributed pension scheme, and a wide range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your life-style.
BSI (British Standards Institution) is the business standards company that equips businesses with the necessary solutions to turn standards of best practice into habits of excellence. Renowned for its marks of excellence including the consumer recognized BSI Kitemark™, BSI’s influence spans multiple sectors including Aerospace, Automotive, Built Environment, Food, Healthcare and ICT. With over 80,000 clients in 172 countries, BSI is an organization whose standards inspire excellence across the globe.