Manufacturing Lecturer - HMP Coldingley
Do you have an engineering or manufacturing background? Do you have experience in delivering training in 'Performing Manufacturing Operations'?
We have a new vacancy at HMP Coldingley for a Performing Manufacturing Operations lecturer, to deliver up to Level 2 City and Guilds qualification in engineering, sign making, print and other manufacturing processes. The success of this course will enhance our learners' chances of re-entering society successfully, and finding employment upon release. The successful candidate will be employed by Milton Keynes College as part of the Education Department in the prison and work closely with instructional officers in the workshops to provide qualifications for the men who are employed there.
The Education Department is small and friendly and designed to feel like a College rather than a prison. Staff pride themselves in empowering learners to achieve their full potential and are able to attain the qualifications, and learn the skills necessary, to successfully resettle back into the community on release and secure employment. We recognise that many of the learners in our care have usually not had the best start in life and have not engaged with education in the past. We aim to make the lessons interesting, relevant, enjoyable and worthwhile to our learners in order to inspire them to achieve.
As a successful candidate you will have:
- Hold a vocational qualification (level 3 or above) engineering or manufacturing.
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification (DTLLS, PGCE, Cert Ed).
- Hold relevant assessor/verifier awards.
- Have teaching/training or vocational experience in a relevant discipline/subject area and relevant up-to-date knowledge.
- Have a proven track record of managing and supporting diverse groups of learners through nationally accredited programmes.
- Have experience of identifying, developing and sharing innovative and creative teaching resources
- Have experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
- Have knowledge of current curriculum and accreditation developments within Further Education and specific subject area(s).
- Have the ability to teach creatively, adapting to the needs of a variety of learners and willing to explore new teaching and learning strategies.
- Have good IT skills and willing to develop further.
- Show accuracy and precision in written presentation.
- The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered.
Location: HMP Coldingley
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Salary: £18,015 - £32,578 per annum
Closing Date: 29 th March 2017
More about the rewards
As well as having 35 flexible days holiday per year you will also get 3 additional days to be taken over Christmas and of course all of the bank holidays. We offer a car salary sacrifice scheme "Just add fuel", but if you prefer a more environmentally friendly approach to travel we also offer a cycle to work scheme. As part of Milton Keynes College, you are entitled to apply for an NUS student discount card with offers in plenty of local restaurants and high street shops. Childcare vouchers are available and of course the option of being part of Teachers Pension Scheme. For more about our benefits please visit the MK College website.
More about the College
Milton Keynes College deliver an exciting and varied curriculum in 28 of Her Majesty's Prisons and Young Offenders Institutes. We also have a successful Employment Academy model which works with employers and stakeholders to enhance our learners' chances of re-entering society successfully, to find employment upon release and to live fulfilling lives. The curriculum we offer is designed taking into account both the needs of the learner, external stakeholders and the local employment needs.