An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to join the rapidly expanding UK division of a multi-national business providing Body in White (BIW) tooling and Automation solutions. My client works on an on-site, first tier basis with the UK's most prominent vehicle manufacturers, providing process and manufacturing solutions for automated BIW Structure & Closure Assemblies. As the Manufacturing Engineer, you will be a key player in leading key projects and the introduction and improvement of processes and capital equipment for the manufacture/assembly of structural components and closures.
The successful Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for:
- Coordination and processing of engineering projects
- Compile and perform quotation presentations following into negotiations and offers
- Developing and optimizing system concepts for production equipment
- Responsibility for achieving cost targets, quality targets and timing.
- Drafting main contracts for customers and sub suppliers
- Delivering total turn-key projects, from simultaneous engineering, process definition, design, production, assembly, installation and commissioning.
The successful Manufacturing Engineer will demonstrate the following skills & experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering/vehicle technology or professional training and experience
- Significant experience in Automotive BIW process development and NPI project management
- Basic knowledge in dealing with current design and planning systems (e.g. CATIA-V5, Delmia, eM-Planner Robcad etc.) is essential.
- Experience in body-in-white construction / tool making
- Experience in robotic BIW production systems incorporating, hemming, welding & riveting
- Must be open to travel
My client is a fast-moving, rapidly-growing provider of process solutions to the global automotive industry. Due to extensive customer growth they are looking to appoint this critical Manufacturing Engineer role on a permanent basis, to be a part of their continued success story, offering a competitive salary of between £40,000 to £60,000 plus benefits.
Gleeson Engineering & Manufacturing is a specialist recruiter of white collar professionals on both a permanent and temporary basis, into a number of industries including automotive, aerospace and general manufacturing. Please visit our website for further information about our services and to view all of our roles.