Trainee Technical Writer
Our client has an enviable reputation as a supplier allied to the construction industry. They seek an experienced administrator with strong writing skills who would like to develop their career to become a Bid writer.
Bid Writers are responsible for organising and writing complelling and attractive bid documents to win new contracts and business opportunities. This includes also includes researching and gathering content to put into a success bid formula.
- Managing the written and editorial aspects of the bid and proposal development process
- Communicating requirements, deadlines and expectations to key stakeholders and the bid/proposal team
- Maintaining the bid library, bid tracker, author content, producing computer-generated graphics and editing text produced by other members of the team
- Checking drafts for readability, clarity, grammar, spelling, punctuation, sentence structure and formatting
- Producing high quality documents and ensuring completed bids/proposals meet the bid specification
- Conducting bid analysis following completion of submissions.
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- The ability to write about complex, technical concepts in easy-to-understand ways and convey ideas graphically
- Excellent timekeeping / ability to meet deadlines, and to work under pressure
- Specialised knowledge of employer's services
- Excellent team player, who can also work well independently
- Advanced MS Word skills & proficient in MS Office
The company offer a salary based on experience of upto £25000 per annum 25days holiday a year and good company pension scheme