Senior Management Accountant
Morgan McKinley are currently working with our client, a growing company in Bath, in their recruitment of a Senior Management Accountant on a permanent basis. This is an excellent opportunity for qualified accountant with a number of years PQE with strong academics to join a friendly and supportive team - with drive and ambition to progress up the career ladder!
Personality is key for the Senior Management Accountant role - someone who is driven, is ambitious, with initiative, and approachable. Lots of variety and interaction with stakeholders, so important that you are comfortable in translating financial information to non-finance people!
SNAPSHOT OF THE ROLE:
- Production of the management accounts profit and loss and balance sheet
- Delivering month and year end to deadline and to a high level of accuracy, including running the month end kick-off meeting
- Co-ordinating the MA team to deliver a comprehensively reconciled balance sheet pack each month, with only items that genuinely should be in the balance sheet present.
- Co-ordinating the MA team to manage administration of the finance systems, including adding new acquisitions to approval routes and reporting, delivering any new reports as required and resolving system issues
- Assisting the FC as required to co-ordinate the MA team in preparing for and delivering the annual audit
- Assisting the FC to review and sign off all of the existing business cash takings reconciliations each month
- Review and sign off of all the business' Sales Invoices
- Review and sign off journals as required
- Owning specific P&Ls and producing their monthly management accounts to a high level of accuracy
- Strong academically - educated to degree (equivalent) level and having completed their professional accounting qualification (CIMA or similar)
- Thrives in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment - flexibility is key
- Ability to successfully influence stakeholders in a compassionate manner but that still delivers key messages and results
- A questioning mind; this person should always be looking for where improvements can be made
If you have any questions please contact Sara Georgelin on or email
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.