This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-known British high-street retail group in their London Head Office based in the heart of the West End.
The Group is committed to expanding in the UK and Globally and there are projects underway to invest in their systems and supply chain infrastructure. These projects involve a significant investment over a 3-year period which includes delivering a new Warehouse Management System (WMS) and Global Supply Chain (GSC) solution, and expansion of their Distribution Centres.
The Finance Analyst, reporting to the Senior Finance Manager, will support the day to day finance activities of a particular programme. This includes helping to develop and deliver accurate and timely reporting to facilitate Senior Stakeholders' ability to meet their financial budgets and objectives. The successful candidate will have direct involvement in these projects and has the opportunity to make an impact and influence.
- Prepare and consolidate detailed budgets and forecasts for the programme, including both capital and revenue spend
- Preparation of monthly cost review packs on programme performance
- Develop month end process improvements
- Maintain and control the Risks, Opportunities, Issues and Dependencies log
- Maintain project cost trackers, identifying and investigating any variances and tracking resource spend
- Liaise with third party Logistics operator and challenge costs
- Ensure best practice financial controls are in place and expense procedures are adhered to
- Working with other Finance resources (including Systems Finance Managers) to gain latest forecasts across the programme and assisting in preparation of Board presentations
- Ensure reporting, reviewing and monitoring process develops in line with the project and the Projects' Stakeholder requirements.
- Providing ad hoc commercial support.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Professional, proactive, resilient and analytical individual with the ability to deal effectively with colleagues at all levels across the Group.
- Excellent inter-personal skills, confident and professional with a track record of developing strong working relationships with both finance and non-finance colleagues.
- Experience of Project financial analysis and Business Partnering through being a team player whilst being able to challenge effectively.
- Excellent attention to detail and keen to take ownership and accountability.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and work to tight deadlines
- Excellent Excel and Microsoft Office skills
- Demonstrable experience of process improvements.