Quality Support Engineer
Quality Support Engineer
Automotive Components Manufacturer
Quality Support Engineer / Warranty is required for a leading manufacturer working within the automotive sector.
Basic £32-35k + Private Medical Healthcare + Pension + Life Assurance + 25 days
West Midlands based – ideal commute from – Birmingham, Solihull, Smethwick, Coventry, Sutton Coldfield, West Bromwich, Halesowen, Redditch
Our client is a world leader in the technological advancement, manufacture and distribution of their products within the automotive OE sector and automotive aftermarket.
They require a Quality Support Engineer to be part of this success and to establish a career with a leading company which boasts secure future growth.
The Quality Support Engineer role is working in a Vehicle manufacturing plant liaising
daily with the customer regarding all quality, warranty, reporting and investigating issues.
- Co-ordinate return of warranty parts to Engineering Centre.
- Verify warranty costing ensuring liability correct.
- Liaise with Manufacturing Plant on warranty investigations.
- Administrative activities on PAWS.
- Liaise with overseas TEN contacts.
- TYS issue- Co-ordinate containment and 8D activities.
- Excellent inter-personal skills are required to respond quickly and efficiently.
- Process Audits.
- Create and maintain quality documentation: Visual Aids, Process Flows, Packing Specifications, support PFMEA activities.
You will require the following skills / knowledge:
- Computer literate – PC packages including Microsoft Office, Excel, Lotus Notes, Word, PowerPoint and SAP.
- An engineering background within Automotive Industry with a quality focussed background with an understanding of ISO9001 / TS16949.
- Hands on experience preparing APQP documentation.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good team player who can work independently with little supervision.
- Preferable HNC educated with quality related documentation.
- Green Belt Six Sigma certified.
- Quality assurance background.
- Knowledge of APQP / PPAP process.
- Full UK driving licence and passport
This is an exceptional opportunity to work within a market leading and professional organisation with a highly recognised brand.
Should you wish to be considered for the role of Quality Support Engineer please apply via CV to Julian Curtis, Glen Callum Associates Ltd.
Job ref 2567
Glen Callum Associates are leading automotive and industrial recruitment specialists for sales, operational and marketing positions.