Business Development Manager - Financial Services
An outstanding opportunity to work for one of the UK’s largest Peer2Peer business lenders, introducing businesses looking for interest only finance, with property to secure against it, to investors looking for a good return.
We are innovative, fast growing with aspirations to be in every local community across the UK. Founded in February 2013 we have seen phenomenal success since then and have exciting growth plans. We currently have 5 offices in the South West and 2 in the North with 3 more scheduled to open in the next 3 months. The introduction from these offices and introductions from the legal, accountancy and other professionals has contributed to the success of the Company’s zero default business.
Your role would involve developing business on both the investment (20% of the role) and borrowing (80%) side by creating a panel of introducers (banks, lawyers, accountants etc) across the Oxfordshire area. It is an incredible opportunity.
They have loaned over £150m so far and aim to get to a £1bn by 2020 - at this point, there should be rewards aplenty for everyone.
Skills and Experience:
- The individual will be a seasoned financial sales professional, who has worked within savings and loans, HNW private client markets or in other financial service field. This role is a sales role and it is vital to have a good track record of delivering sales, with the ability to break new ground and think strategically.
- A current network of contacts and introducers seeking finance or investment.
- The ability and drive to work alone and build something bigger.
- A dynamic, impressive individual capable of self-motivated, innovative development
- Capable of being 'hands-on’ and dealing with client interface to win new markets and new opportunities
- To be as much at ease with a local professional as with a national fund manager
- To be able to conduct presentations to promote and be the 'face’ of the organisation in delivery of its messages
- To collaborate with marketing team members to ensure co-ordination of the sales and marketing efforts
- To aspire to hitting financial targets necessary to maintain the traction and momentum of the business.
- To bring the best of skill sets from city institutions, whilst demonstrating flexibility and understanding of local community lending
- To understand and share the passions and key drivers behind our model.
Located within Oxfordshire and reporting into the National Head of Business Development & Sales this role entails travel throughout your region as the job requires. The role will be a Field Sales/homeworking role with visits to the organisations HQ required from time to time.
Qualifications and Education:
- Ideally you would have obtained a Degree or Advanced Degree. Years of experience and passion are essential