Senior Building Surveyor
My client, a financial and professional services firm, which specialises in real-estate and investment management, is currently looking for a Senior Building Surveyor to join its Edinburgh PDS team.
This role will involve a mix of professional and project-based building surveying work on all types of commercial property. In addition, it offers direct exposure to a wide cross section of internal and external clients, access to training, and the opportunity to work for a dynamic, forward-thinking, and expanding business.
Within this Edinburgh-based building surveyor role, you will be:
- Undertaking inspections and preparing reports
- Preparing specifications and administering repair and refurbishment contracts
- Drafting and negotiating schedules of dilapidations/preparing exit strategies
- Preparing preventative maintenance plans
- Undertaking building-reinstatement-cost assessments
- Potentially able to project manage or act as construction/development monitor on larger projects, or assist, depending on experience
- Assisting with co-ordination of portfolio instructions and undertaking other duties from time to time, as may reasonably required
Skills, Experience & Knowledge
In order to be successful within this surveying job, you:
- Must be MRICS
- Have solid working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Would ideally possess experience of AutoCAD, though not essential
- Hold a clean driving licence
- Will be able to work within a team and on own initiative
- Must be enthusiastic, proactive, and self-motivated
- Will have strong verbal and numerical skills, and be comfortable with report writing
- Possess excellent time management and general organisation skills
- Will be required to be flexible and have the ability to work under pressure
- Must be well presented and have excellent communication skills
If this position is of interest to you, please contact me immediately. For more senior building surveyor jobs in Edinburgh, get in touch with Kingsley today.
Please contact Duncan Nuttall on to discuss this position in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Kingsley is a specialist recruitment consultancy. Its property, legal, architecture, and engineering divisions have a diverse client base, and we enjoy what we do and want others to enjoy working with us. We believe that our clients and candidates need recruitment consultants that they can work with and trust. We collaborate with firms across the UK, so if you are looking for your next move, get in touch today.
Please see our website, www.kingsleyrecruitment.co.uk, for more jobs.
Also, please feel free to forward this advert to any friends or colleagues who you think may be interested. A large number of our previously successful candidates have initially been made aware of their next career opportunity by a close acquaintance.