Steinhoff UK Retail is currently looking for an Apprentice Administrator to join the team at our Development Centre in Bolton to provide support in a wide range of learning and development activities and services for retail and head office staff. The successful candidate will be employed on a full-time basis (5 days out of 7) and will earn £16,000 per annum plus benefits.
As owners of Harvey’s and Bensons for Beds, Steinhoff UK Retail employs over 3000 passionate and dedicated staff and trade from over 400 retail stores across the UK. Our Apprentice Administrator will report to the Central learning & Development Operations Manager and will support a high-quality learner experience at our Learning Store Development Centre and on our on-line Learning Store.
Within the role of Apprentice Administrator you will also undertake the following responsibilities:
- Provide the first point of contact / receptionist service for the Learning Store training centre, dealing with all enquiries in a professional and courteous manner, in person, on the telephone or via e-mail.
- Run regular and ad-hoc reporting on the Learning Store activity.
- Ensure that the user data base of the Learning Store is kept up to date.
- Support the administration of learning and development evaluation mechanisms, collate learning and development evaluation data and produce initial draft evaluation reports.
- Monitor and report on social learning activity on the Learning Store, notify the relevant L&D Manager on any comments and feedback on learning content.
- Work with the L&D Coordinator on the L&D’s resource planning, ensuring all that the training schedule is planned 2 months in advance.
- Work with the L&D Coordinator to ensure all staff are invited to mandatory training and report on attendance to relevant managers.
- Support the L&D team through assisting in the facilitation of face to face activities.
- Organising travel and accommodation for all core programmes
- Work with the Support Services team to ensure all training accommodation booked in the most cost effective way.
- Process invoice and complete other ad-hoc financial responsibilities as required
We are looking for an Apprentice Administrator who can demonstrate the following:
- A strong team player who can work with a diverse team in a dynamic environment.
- Strong numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Ability to use own initiative and work on their own
- Good decision making and problem solving
- Calm and Professional at all times, especially working under pressure
It would be desirable that our Apprentice Administrator has experience of Learning and Development Administration, alongside operational experience in a designated area (retail, logistics etc.)
As this is an apprentice role you will be required to undertake an apprenticeship in a job relevant subject.
So, if you have the right, skills and attitude to be our new Apprentice Administrator please apply today. We look forward to receiving your application.