My client, a well-respected manufacturer, is keen to recruit an experienced commercial management accountant with a manufacturing background. You will be working closely with the financial controller to develop and monitor internal controls to ensure robust financial processes are in place. You will have an operational role, in which it is key to develop relationships with key stakeholders within the business.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, Key Responsibilities will include:
- Project leader in the development of internal controls within Financial Control
- Controlling the Budgeting and Forecasting processes:
- Assist Senior Finance Control Accountant in maintenance, processing and production of:
- Month / Year end close processes
- Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Journals and associated underlying schedules
- Inter Co / Inter Group transactions
- Overhead review and cost control
- Ensure adherence to Group Accounting Policy escalating risks and issues to Senior Finance Control Accountant.
- Identify risk regarding GL postings, completion of reconciliations, and maintenance of data quality.
- Maintain balance sheet reconciliations, escalating risks and issues to Senior Finance Control Accountant
- Ensure Divisional adherence to technical and regulatory accounting rules
Role will suit an ACCA/CIMA part/ finalist/newly qualified accountant, with a strong commercial management accounting background, ideally developed within the manufacturing sector.
You will have experience of planning and accounting delivery in a professional environment. You will have excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationships successfully across all levels. You will be commercially astute with the ability to understand key accounting drivers and associated risk. You will be highly driven, determined & enthusiastic with a desire to learn, develop & progress
This is an excellent opportunity to join a respected company in a senior and very visible role.
Due to the high volume of applications, unfortunately we cannot reply to all personally. If you have not heard from us within 10 days please assume that you have not been successful this time.
Synergem Recruitment is committed to a policy of equal opportunities in relation to job applications. A copy of our Diversity Policy is available upon request.