Role: Finance Officer / Assistant Management Accountant
Location: Leicester City - LE1
Salary: c. £23k plus excellent benefits
Permanent Role - Working 39 hours per week (flexible start - finish)
An opportunity has arisen to join an exciting not-for-profit charity, based in central Leicester.
The role offers genuine career development and the potential for real progression. Reporting directly to the Finance Manager you will be responsible for managing the financial integrity of the business including implementation of financial controls, managing financial reporting systems, legal/tax compliance and support to operational line managers.
• As a Finance Officer you will be responsible for assisting in the development of monthly management accounts - Pre-payments, Accruals, Journals etc.
• Assist in the development and promotion of budgetary control procedures and financial disciplines that, whilst flexible, support line managers in achieving their operational objectives and, at the same time, ensuring Curve meets its legal obligations
• Work closely with respective budget holders to interpret, report upon and budget on all operational activity and overhead costs. Working with budget holders, ensure controls are in place, variances are explained/understood and the department is adequately supported.
• Assist in the completion of quarterly and annual VAT returns, ensuring changes in legislation are adhered to.
• Complete monthly reconciliations of control accounts within the financial ledgers
• Assist with the month end duties, preparation of the management accounts and annual audit as required by the Finance Manager.
• Be responsible for the petty cash, company credit cards and employee expenses.
• Provide cover for payroll and purchase ledger, as and when required.
Whilst some training will be provided due to the nature of their business it is essential that you can demonstrate your knowledge of management accounts, coding, general / nominal ledger, balance sheet reconciliation. You will also be required to have intermediate level Excel inc. Vlookup & Pivot Tables
The role would suit someone that already has minimum 1-2 years experience working as an accounts assistant and currently studying for an accounting qualification i.e. AAT level 3-4, CIMA or ACCA
• Excellent communication skills essential, ability to give clear written and verbal instructions, clearly understand and explain finance to non-finance people within the business and have a good understanding of procedures and processes.
• Highly responsible, reliable and flexible with a strong work ethic.
• Able to effectively prioritise and adapt to a varied and changeable workload
• Punctual, presentable with good attendance
If you are immediately available and interested in this role please apply now.