Assistant Financial Accountant
A great opportunity for an Assistant Accountant/Assistant Financial Accounts based in Leek. This role would suit an AAT studier or a finance/mathematics graduate looking for a role with a platform for progression.
A very well established, highly successful organisation. A household name that prides themselves on a friendly approach with high customer services. Customers and employees are treated as people as opposed to numbers.
This role is reporting into the head of Finance.
The duties will include but are not limited to:
- To maintain, improve and develop robust spreadsheets supporting calculation of returns
- To understand and maintain reporting systems, including the balance sheet structure
- To support the preparation and production of statutory accounts
- To provide additional support on ad hoc basis for the Finance Clerk team to include:
- Reconciliation of balances
- Bank account reconciliations
- Daily cash management
- Preparation and posting of journals to general ledger
- Regulatory returns must be prepared and submitted on a timely basis
- Dealing with queries
The successful candidate must:
- Have experience in a finance related role - Essential
- Have a working knowledge on how to put together a set of accounts - Essential
- Be studying AAT or degree equivalent and want to progress with further studies in the future - Essential
- Be confident with large Excel spreadsheets - Essential
- Have a strong attention to detail - Essential
This role is paying £20,000 to £23,000 per annum + AAT study support + Future study support ACCA/CIMA