This organisation are international market leaders in the health and wellbeing sector.
- This role will report to the Senior Finance Manager - Operations.
- This role will be a key member of the FP&A team and will own the co-ordination, consolidation and delivery to the US of all AOP and quarterly forecasts & results as well as providing support and commercial insight to the licensing and operations teams.
- Ownership of the co-ordination of the detailed planning and submission of all UK forecasts and quarterly submissions to the US, including submission of all P&Ls and generation of the review packs for use by Senior Management in business reviews
- Design and communicate LE and AOP detailed timetables
- Liaise with both US and European corporate teams to keep fully up to date with latest deadlines for submissions and review meetings and communicate on to the rest of the UK business
- Submission of all UK LE’s/AOP into HFM to agreed deadlines
- Delivery of all Q/E and LE/AOP packs, including testing and feedback to US team on any issues
- Responsible for maintaining all central forecast and actuals files, updating and maintaining historical results and consolidated forecasts
- Ownership of the weekly and monthly business performance analysis and commentary; liaise with other Finance Managers to ensure all inputs are received on time and produce draft report for review by Head of FP&A
- Prepare financial information for reviews/presentations made by the UK Management team and quarterly review material for US Corporate Finance.
- Business partner to Licensing ensuring the effective and efficient management of their performance.
- Perform regular review, analytical assessment and challenge of regional and area results vs. forecast/plan, with a view to ensuring cost efficiencies, commercial viability, operational capability and financial/audit controls.
- Support the Senior Finance Manager, Regional Managers and other operational managers in the planning process including annual operating plans, regular re-estimates and long-term forecasts. This will help to ensure there is a working financial knowledge and understanding amongst these business partners.
- Proactively support the UK month end accounting process.
- Involvement in the development of key data and internal reporting tool projects, system upgrades and enhancements.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be a part-qualified accountant with excellent Excel skills. Experience with Access, Powerpoint, Oracle and/or Hyperion Enterprise would also be beneficial
- A combination of functional financial experience including planning & analysis, as well as a more traditional corporate finance at an operating level would be useful, as would practical experience in a US owned subsidiary of a public company
- Be extremely well organized, with excellent planning skills. Ability to multi task, reprioritize deadlines and manage workload under pressure
- Have the ability to interpret and present data / information in a visually impactful way
- Be solution focused with a "can do" approach - including the ability to work within a collaborative, challenging and consultative environment
- Have strong communications skills, including the ability to interface effectively with senior staff and be able to explain statistical and financial information to non finance managers
- Good systems knowledge and a desire to improve existing systems, processes and procedures