Join a fast-growing SME in the construction sector in Leeds, reporting to the Finance Manager, in this newly created role. Immediate start available for the successful candidate. £20K starting salary, bonus (linked to company performance) and free lunches. Highly professional, respectful and fun working environment.
YOU MUST HAVE EXTENSIVE AND RECENT EXPERIENCE OF SAGE 200 ACCOUNTS and Excel software in order to be considered for this role.
Skills and Qualifications
- Sage 200 experience ESSENTIAL (used in employment within last 12 months or less).
- Minimum of five GCSE's (A-C) including English and Maths.
- AAT Level 4 Qualified or part-qualified accountant.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (excel, word, outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Experience in Balance Sheet Account Preparation.
- Strong Written and Oral Communication Skills.
- Equivalent work experience - within the Construction sector, manufacturing environment or similar desirable (but not essential).
- Ability to prioritise own workload and those within team
Sales & Purchase Ledger duties:
- Producing sales orders, invoices and sales reports.
- Posting and allocating daily receipts to accounting systems.
- Credit Control and chasing debt using Credit Pursuit software (training will be provided).
- Undertake account reconciliations as required.
- Process Purchase Ledger Invoices with a high level of accuracy and diligence.
- Reconciling Purchase Leader accounts and processing payments.
- Process monthly business expenses
- Sourcing daily sales figures for daily graph display.
- Assisting with preparing budgets, records, and statements.
- Correcting errors on Sage 200 Accounts software.
- Communicating with suppliers, both by email and telephone, in order to deal with queries arising quickly and efficiently.
- Posting basic accounting journals using existing Excel templates.
- Posting transactions from bank statements to Sage 200 Accounts software; including bank payments, transfers, supplier payments, and bank receipts.
- Posting transactions from cash books,petty cash records and credit cards to Sage 200 Accounts software.
- Assisting the Finance Manager with the production of monthly management accounts packs, and end of year statutory accounts file for external accountants.
- Maintaining the accruals and prepayments records, reconciling to the relevant Sage 200 Accounts nominal code.
- Generating quarterly VAT returns for review by the Finance Manager; running returns from Sage 200 accounts software, performing output tax reconciliations and a common sense review of postings.
- Ensuring that the fixed asset ledger reconciles to the external fixed asset register.
- Produce Project Accounting Job Costing reports and summaries for internal teams.
- Inter-company accounting and management
As a minor part of their role, the successful candidate will support the smooth day-to-day running of the office by carrying out basic administrative tasks. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Taking telephone calls in a professional manner and producing concise and accurate notes from the conversations held.
- Filing, scanning and photocopying.
- Preparation, maintenance and modification of various Excel, Word and Dropbox documents used within the company.
- Archiving old files and developing an archive system for old reports and records ? Attending meetings as appropriate.
- Attending company training sessions as appropriate.
- Assisting other team members with administrative tasks needed to complete major projects
Hours: 9 am - 5 pm (Monday to Friday). Starting Salary £20,000.00 p.a.
If you have the necessary skills and experience - outlined above - submit your CV/details via this Job Board - NOW.