Childcare / STLS Assessor
KM Recruitment is a specialist UK wide recruiter for the Work Based Learning and Welfare to Work sectors.
Job Title: Childcare / STLS Assessor
*Trainee or Qualified Opportunity*
Location: North London, to include East and West London - Must be flexible with travel
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 (Dependent upon qualifications and experience) + £5,000 London Weighting Allowance (Dependent upon Location)
Package includes: Generous Holiday Entitlement, Mileage, Pension + Much More!
Type: Full Time, Permanent
The successful candidate will be home based and be responsible for the training, assessment and support of a caseload of learners undertaking Apprenticeships in Childcare and STLS (Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools), Levels 2 and 3, and to ensure the timely and accurate completions in line with company procedures and timescales.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Childcare / Nursery Manager who has a passion for the training and development of others and is looking for that next step on the career ladder.
Benefits for Trainee’s include:
Training, support and funded Assessor award CAVA / TAQA
Fulltime/permanent employment from day one
Please research the role of an Assessor in full (all elements including Functional Skills) before applying in order for you to confirm whether the role is right for you.
- Assess and support learners through full Apprenticeship frameworks in Childcare / STLS to Levels 2/3 - Tech Cert, ERR & PLTS.
- Deliver full training and support learners through their Functional Skills - Maths, English and ICT to level 2
- Visit and observe learners in their place of work, to gather quality evidence towards their Apprenticeship/QCF qualifications.
- Managing your diary efficiently to ensure timely visits and reviews are conducted.
- Organise and maintain documentation on learners' progress.
- Support, advise and motivate learners.
- Overcome barriers to learning and adapt delivery to meet learner’s needs.
- Work to learner review and completion timescales.
Assessors are expected to take part in Learner Recruitment to maintain own caseload, this will include generating recruits for the Apprenticeship programme by carrying out business development activities
- Must hold a minimum of 3-5 years management level experience within Childcare / nursery setting.
- Organisational skills are a must, as well as the ability to plan your time effectively.
- Confident and professional with the ability to inspire and motivate people.
- Quality driven and prepared to go the extra mile for your learners.
- Must be flexible with travel
- Recognised Assessor award: D32/D33, A1, TAQA or CAVA.
- Experience of delivering full framework Apprenticeships in Childcare
- Experience as a Teaching Assistant / delivery of STLS Apprenticeships (Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools)
- Recognised teaching qualification; PTLLS, CTLLS or equivalent
- Experience of delivering Functional Skills
- Full, clean driving licence and use of a vehicle
KM Recruitment receive a high number of applications for each role advertised and although we would like to we are not always able to deliver feedback to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 4 days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest and keep an eye on our website for future opportunities.