Electrical Installations Lecturer - HMP Birmingham
This is an exciting opportunity for a dedicated education professional to deliver high learner success, through effective teaching and delivery in Electrical Installation. This vacancy would suit a highly motivated electrical installation teacher, with a can do approach to education. The ideal candidate will be a passionate and creative lecturer, who can thrive upon working within a challenging yet rewarding environment, who can offer skills & knowledge to our learners and guide them throughout their courses.
Milton Keynes College operate on three sites within HMP Birmingham, East Education, West Education, and G Wing Education, offering education to both mainstream and vulnerable prisoners. Education Programmes are developed in partnership with the prison to offer a responsive and relevant curriculum, which includes work experience and work opportunities within the Establishment.
Our vision here at HMP Birmingham is to offer outstanding education to enable effective and purposeful resettlement for all learners on release." "Using Time, not Doing Time." We want to make a difference to disadvantaged learners, to show that everyone has the potential to achieve and everyone deserves another chance, and the right support at the right time, can be the difference in breaking the reoffending cycle.
As a successful candidate you will have:
- Hold a qualification (level 3 or above) in Electrical Installation.
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification (DTLLS, PGCE, Cert Ed) or willing to work towards
- Hold relevant assessor/verifier awards.
- Have teaching experience in Electrical Installation with relevant up-to-date knowledge.
- Have a proven track record of managing and supporting diverse groups of learners through nationally accredited programmes.
- Have experience of identifying, developing and sharing innovative and creative teaching resources
- Have experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
- Have knowledge of current curriculum and accreditation developments within Further Education and specific subject area(s).
- Have the ability to teach creatively, adapting to the needs of a variety of learners and willing to explore new teaching and learning strategies.
- Have good IT skills and willing to develop further.
- Show accuracy and precision in written presentation.
- The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered.
Location: HMP Birmingham
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Salary: £18,015 - £32,578 per annum
Closing Date: 30th March 2017
More about the rewards
As well as having 35, flexible, days holiday per year you will also get 3 additional days to be taken over Christmas and of course all of the bank holidays. We offer a car allowance scheme "Just add fuel", but if you prefer a more environmentally friendly approach to travel we also offer a cycle to work scheme. As part of Milton Keynes College you are entitled to apply for an NUS student discount card with offers in plenty of local restaurants and high street shops. Child care vouchers are available and of course the option of being part of Teachers Pension Scheme. For more about our benefits please visit the MK College website.
More about the College
Milton Keynes College deliver an exciting and varied curriculum in 28 of Her Majesty's Prisons and Young Offenders Institutes. We also have a successful Employment Academy model which works with employers and stakeholders to enhance our learners' chances of re-entering society successfully, to find employment upon release and to live fulfilling lives. The curriculum we offer is designed taking into account both the needs of the learner, external stakeholders and the local employment needs. We are proud of supporting our learners' successfully through education and 'Through the Gate'.