Peacocks Medical Group has an exciting opportunity to join a growing and innovative business as an Assistant Accountant.
Peacocks is based on the Benfield Industrial Estate in Newcastle Upon Tyne and provides orthotic clinical services, orthoses and custom made footwear to clients across the UK. The Company is a fourth generation family run business, at the forefront of orthotic service and manufacture having achieved national and international recognition.
We are looking for an Assistant Accountant ideally working towards completing their NVQ level 3 AAT, and is perfect for candidates with either industry experience, or those looking to make the switch into industry.
Joining an established finance team of six and reporting directly into and assisting the Group Management Accountant, the key responsibilities of the role include:
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Maintenance of asset registers
- Review of monthly stock reports, balances and valuations for errors
- Detailed overhead analysis of all expenditure accounts
- Approval of all company expense claims in accordance with the expenses policy
- Analyse and process company credit card expenditure
- Monthly internal and external reporting
- Purchase/Sales ledger cover as required
- Petty cash analysis
- Other ad hoc finance tasks
The ideal candidate will have
- Microsoft excel skills are essential
- Experience using accounting software
- The ability to communicate successfully, to various different stakeholder or peer groups
- The ability to problem solve and use their initiative
- The drive to manage their workload and meet strict end of month deadlines.
Full time; 37.5 hours per week.
Salary £18,000 - plus full study support
20 days holiday plus bank holidays