Catering Assistant x 4
Do you enjoy working as part of a fast paced, passionate team? Do you enjoy helping people and want to provide great customer service? If so, this role could be for you.
What it's like to work here
Dunham Massey is a 3,000-acre estate situated approximately 10 miles south of central Manchester and three miles south of Altrincham. Roger Grey, 10th Earl of Stamford, gave it to the National Trust in 1976 and today it attracts over 500,000 visitors a year. This elegant Georgian mansion, set within a magnificent 300 acre deer park and including one of Britain’s finest winter gardens, is a very popular visitor attraction with over 100 staff. The busy team has a strong commercial focus and a fast-paced environment. Within the park walls there is also a shop, café, restaurant and ice cream parlour. On the wider estate, there are 20 farms, 100 cottages, a golf course and an award winning housing development. The house, garden and parkland hide many layers of history and have many stories to tell.
What you'll be doing
With your love of working with people, positive attitude and desire to provide an excellent service, you’ll welcome and look after every customer who visits our catering outlet, in this predominately front of house role. Using your excellent attention to detail, you'll ensure all signage is displayed correctly and the food served looks delicious.
As a key member of our busy catering team, you may also be required to help prepare some of our food in the kitchen. In whatever role you are fulfilling within your catering outlet, the National Trust values will always be at the forefront of your mind, and you'll be proud to share our good work with our customers, and look to maximise sales so that the profit can be reinvested back into our conservation work.
Who we're looking for
Our team believe that people deserve more than just 'good service’ but an amazing experience they’ll never forget, and we are looking for like-minded people to join us.
You'll need to be;
- Helpful and friendly
- Customer focussed with great communication skills
- Enthusiastic with a willingness to learn
- A team player but also have the ability to work on your own initiative
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking
Closing Date: 27 March 2017