FRS Accountancy is assisting this market leading organisation in their search for a Financial Controller to sit within its support centre based in Amersham.
Duties will include:
• Responsibility for the delivery of accurate, transparent and meaningful Group Management Accounts.
• Summarise financial information and queries which will frequently be complex in respect of expenditure trends and budget variances.
• Preparation of highly complex electronic spread sheets to monitor and present financial information.
• Preparation of rolling thirteen week cash flow forecasts, together with variance analysis to Budget cash flow.
• Preparation of group month-end performance pack including profit / loss, balance sheet & cash flow and assisting Head of Finance with commentary of key variances identified.
• Management of the preparation of group and subsidiary balance sheets on a monthly basis, ensuring in particular that all appropriate liabilities are accrued for and all control accounts are prepared in-line with the group schedules.
• Assisting with the preparation of Group and Subsidiary statutory accounts on a timely basis for submission to the Group Board and Companies House.
• Management of adherence to the Group Treasury Controls and Procedures schedule.
• Preparation of supporting documentation and schedules in relation to the external audit and coordinating work streams within the team to deliver an effective & efficient audit.
• Management responsibility of a timely and accurate Financial Services / Management Accounts / Pensions & Payroll function, ensuring quality and best practice in-line with the group’s stakeholder requirements.
• Line management responsibility for the Senior Management Accountant, Financial Accountant, and Payroll & Pensions Managers including carrying out Personal Development Reviews, training/development, interviewing and disciplinary action.
• Plans and prioritises tasks, some of which may be on-going to ensure deadlines are met and achievement of targets, which may be weekly, monthly, quarterly or annually.
• Contributes medium and long term financial planning in order to deal with organisational and liquidity requirements to ensure targets are met.
• Provide support to the Head of Finance as required to ensure the delivery of a comprehensive finance & commercial service.
• All other tasks as required by the Head of Finance.
• Deputise in the absence of the Head of Finance when required.
The successful candidate will be / have:
• A professionally qualified / part qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA, ACA) with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a relevant role or qualified by experience to an equivalent level.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate complex and often contentious financial issues effectively with both non-finance and finance staff on a one to one basis or in large groups
• The ability to develop complex financial data and reports into a format which can be easily understood by all levels and professions within the organisation.
• The ability to advise and listen to budget holders and other senior managers and to develop reports, analysis and advice relevant to them.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work closely and effectively with staff at all levels within the organisation.
• Excellent persuasion and negotiation skills are required to ensure delivery of balanced financial plans.
• Must be able to use Excel spreadsheets and a financial ledger system to an advanced, expert level. Complex spreadsheet applications may frequently be developed on behalf of other users.
• In addition; the Financial Controller must understand and demonstrate knowledge of good personnel practice and its application. Experience in staff recruitment, contingency planning and disciplinary would be desirable.
• Ability to lead calmly when under pressure.
• Must attend statutory and mandatory training courses and the stipulated intervals.