Performance Research Internship - £23K - Healthcare - London
A customer focused organisation providing a range of professional advice and support services to clinical commissioning groups and health service providers working with over 1.9 million patients across London. In addition, they provide services for London ambulance commissioning across all of London and a cancer commissioning network for North West and South London.
This is a 4 month internship paying £1,900 per month with the potential to convert to a permanent job.
How can you expect to spend your day?
You will join the organisation to help analyse and translate complex performance information surrounding how healthcare is delivered. Working with the Performance and Contract Teams this is an excellent internship for graduates interested in business analysis, management consulting, research and performance management.
Tasks you can expect to learn about and be responsible for include:
• Assist the Performance Team implementing a performance management framework to monitor local healthcare.
• Produce detailed information to support monitoring e.g. tables, graphs.
• Monitor the data submission process and refine the process to increase efficiency.
• Create and develop spreadsheet reports to help identify and avoid project timeline delay.
• Help improve a performance information dashboard through information gathering and documenting.
• Provide user support with team members using the performance dashboard.
• Other ad hoc duties as they arise.
What are the ideal intern’s personality, skills and qualifications?
• Educated to degree level.
• Competent user of MS Office, in particular Excel.
• Comfortable analysing and translating abstract and complex data.
• A fine attention to detail.
• Able to work with team members.
• Able to prioritise workload as required.
• A clear and effective communicator who can explain complex procedures in a simple way.
• Comfortable working with a range of data sources to produce information.
• Someone who enjoys on-going learning and development.
What is the last person who was in this role doing now?
The last person in this position is now a permanent member of staff progressing internally within the company.
What are the perks of working for this company?
• Work for a world renowned healthcare organisation delivering a world class service, with multiple divisions there is ample room for career progression within the organisation and personal development is widely encouraged.
• Receive industry leading training and work for Europe’s largest employer.