Head of Procurement - Permanent - London
Huxley Associates are currently recruiting for a Head of Procurement, in London on a permanent basis for a Luxery Property Consultancy. They specialise in Design, Construction Management, Marketing and Facilities Management.
This individual would lead the Procurement team.
Key responsibilities would include:
- Working closely with the Cost Management and Design teams to set the project budget.
- Work closely with the Design, Cost Management & Project Management teams to decide the Procurement strategy for the project.
- Co-ordinate with the Design and QS teams to prepare and float tenders.
- Negotiate tenders and appoint contractors.
- Monitor budget and cost to complete.
- Develop vendor base and empanel vendors.
- Develop strategic relationships with key vendors.
- Identify value engineering opportunities and work with the Design and Project Management teams to implement the same.
- Coordinate with the India procurement team to take advantage of scale of buying and reduce procurement costs, especially for materials.
- Manage and nurture an able team under him/her.
12 years+ of which at least 8 years needs to be with a leading construction company in procurement oriented role.