HVAC Contracts Manager
Job Title: HVAC Contracts Manager
Salary:£42,000 - £48,000 + Company Vehicle or Car Allowance
Benefit Package:22 Days holiday plus bank holidays, BUPA medical insurance, Accident and Sickness Insurance, Life Assurance, Auto-Enrolment Pension.
Our Client: One of the largest Design, Installation & Maintenance companies in the south of England. As a company they provide a design, installation & maintenance service covering Electrical / Mechanical / Electrical /Fire & Security they are currently looking for a HVAC Contracts Manager.
- To deliver reactive, planned and project work in a timely and profitable manner in accordance with internal budgets and clients KPI’s.
- To work on multiple contracts simultaneously ranging from Dorset Schools and Large retail outlets to managing small works orders
- To carry out site visits and surveys and produce associated quotations.
- To ensure that contracts, works orders and variations are processed in accordance with the company’s management procedures.
- To develop and establish customer relationships with key clients and their representatives, and liaise effectively through both formal and informal meetings.
- To manage and motivate employees and associated staff to ensure that all contracts are delivered to a high standard and within agreed timescales.
- To ensure that all matters relating to health & safety are addressed, including ensuring all works are undertaken in a safe manner, and in compliance with all current legislation and regulations. To ensure method statements and risk assessments are prepared and issued as required.
- Demonstrable experience in management/supervisory position in managing a reactive and planned M & E maintenance role.
- Demonstrable experience of contract management or equivalent site experience
- Must be prepared to travel across Central South and South West of England.
- Able to read, understand and scrutinise specifications, programmes and technical drawings.
- Knowledge of health & safety, CDM regulations.
- Knowledge of Commercial heating and vent systems and controls (BMS).
- Conversant with risk assessment techniques and methods.
- Drive and ability to work under pressure to achieve goals and deadlines.
- Good administrative and time management skills
- Good level of IT skill to include, Microsoft word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to use initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A flexible and positive approach to all aspects of service delivery.
- City & Guilds NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Plumbing/Heating
- CCN1 (Core Domestic Safety)
- CoDNC01 (Domestic & Commercial Gas Safety Changeover)
- OFTEC 10-101 (Domestic & Light Commercial Servicing & Commissioning Pressure Jet Appliances)
- SMSTS (Site Managers Safety Training Scheme)
- City & Guilds or equivalent in Refrigeration
- CIBSE (Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers)
Other Mechanical Building Services qualifications will be considered, good understanding of electrical systems will be an advantage