Head Chef - day shifts only - Nr Bromsgrove
£22-24,000 + company benefits
This is a great opportunity to join a local established company as the Head Chef managing every aspect of the kitchen and preparing and cooking all fresh seasonally sourced produce for the in-house restaurant.
This is a busy operation and a massive bonus is that you will work straight day time shifts only with regular weekends off.
You will currently be a head/second/sous chef with experience gained working in busy restaurants, cafes, coffee shops, or commercial contract catering operations and you will be passionate about working with fresh quality produce.
You need your own transport.
ROLE - HEAD CHEF
As the Head Chef working alongside the catering manager you will be responsible for the kitchen and menu:
- Manage every aspect of the kitchen
- Prepare and cook the menu using all fresh locally sourced produce
- Order and control stock and wastage
- Maintain legislation and compliance
- Enure safe working practices - food safety & H & S
- Train and develop the kitchen team
- Work with the catering manager on menu design
- Liaise closely with the FOH team
- Maintain company systems & procedures
ATTRIBUTES - HEAD CHEF
- Experience as a Head/Second/Sous Chef in busy restaurants/hotels/cafes/coffee shops serving all fresh food menus.
- Passion for cooking using fresh seasonal produce.
- Menu writing and costing skills
- An intrinsic understanding of relevant compliance
- A positive and outgoing personality and attitude
- Stock control
- IT literate - working with systems & process
- A strong desire to have a Good work life balance - NO EVENINGS
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful and reputable company at this level.
Please note: You must be resident in the UK and eligible to work. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of responses to our advertisements we are only able to respond to successful applicants. If you have not had a response from us within 5 working days please assume that your application has not been successful.
Penny Cook Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer, a recruitment agency dedicated to recruitment in the Hospitality Industry.