Account Manager BLUA45926
Want to become part of the fastest growing team in a FTSE 100 company? Our client is the largest independent distributor of fuels and lubricants in the UK and they are currently searching for driven individuals to become Account Managers out of their Trafford Park office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for guiding the customers through their complete lifecycle, from bringing new customers on board through effective and successful prospecting and pitching to the efficient management of their account, alongside the management of the accounts of your appointed new business development colleague(s).
• Find potential fuel card customers through the existing database of clients, being creative with the use of online and offline methods of prospecting.
• Carry out brief research of the company prior to making contact and ensure use of the prospect bible at all times so that leads can be monitored and assessed.
• Be prepared before making contact with existing or new customers and do so in a professional manner, taking detailed notes during the calls and updating relevant databases accordingly.
• Send relevant information gained from calls to the customer and confirm details of call-back date and time with the customer.
• Update prospect bible accordingly during the day to reflect what packs have been sent out
• The ability to offer the Fuel Card Package to customers including extended terms, Cross selling and Fuel bunkering.
• There will also be the opportunity to pitch face to face as well as representing them at selected shows during the year.
• Send customers the appropriate application form to meet their needs, pre-fill out the form where possible and be on hand to answer any queries that the customer may have regarding the application.
• Keep track of application progress and follow up with customers.
• Once application is returned, process it in a timely manner, maintaining contact with the customer and advising of progress.
• Provide long term benefits to the customer which outweigh the monetary value of the service provided, in turn retaining the customer for their complete lifecycle.
• Provide all customers with a personal relationship whilst maintaining and managing the margins and volumes in accordance with the business KPI.
• Act as the customer’s main point of contact for any queries or questions they may have with regard to their account, building rapport and a sustainable relationship with the customer based on trust, service and personal relationship.
• Be able to manage any complaints should they appear
• Self-confidence and good interpersonal skills
• High degree of self-motivation and time management
• Able to build the appropriate level of professional rapport with customers
• Can handle customer objections assertively
• Can manage customer interactions with empathy
• Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise
• Good listening skills
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• GCSE Maths and English a requirement
• B2B experience is desirable
• Uncapped commission structure
• Free parking
• Car lease through salary sacrifice
• Child care vouchers
• Ride to work scheme
• Contributory pension scheme
• Holiday buy and sell
Our client is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.