Account Manager - IT Sector / Education / Social Care
My client is really pleased to advertise a vacancy for a Account Manager, to work as part of the Business Development Team in my clients Enterprise Systems, based in Hampton.
Enterprise Systems deliver and maintain innovative enterprise application solutions for clients in high profile vertical market sectors, in particular our Care & Support and Inspections markets.
We have had considerable success in recent years and are now looking to add to our team to support our growth, both in terms of new name sales and development of existing accounts.
The successful candidate will gain insight into the full enterprise application sales lifecycle, from lead gathering and initial contact, bid management and technical pre-sales, through to prototype, presentation and clarification.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individual to gain excellent commercial experience, with senior level exposure internally as well as with our customers and prospects.
Working into the Head of Business Development, they’ll be asked to assist with all aspects of the existing Bus Dev function, primarily account management but also including marketing and pre-sales.
Key activities are therefore wide-ranging, and there is lots of room for development in the role.
• Educated to degree level, minimum 2:1 preferred
• Excellent communication & inter-personal skills
• Strong written, presentation and numerical ability
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Comfortable with technology and able to demonstrate a keen interest in technology in business
The ideal candidate will be:
• Commercially minded, possessing of a professional outlook with high standards & excellent attention to detail, and will be able to demonstrate the following core behaviours: - Proactive - Adaptable - Flexible - Team Player - Reliable
• A self-starter with the ability to work well independently or as part of a team as required; accountability and responsibility will be vital from the get-go
• Able to quickly build rapport, with a natural ability to work with busy people to get things done • Positive, calm and responsive under pressure