PQ Finance Analyst - Global Retail (6M FTC)
A major, high-end retail group is seeking an accomplished Finance Analyst to join its global HQ based in Central London on a six month fixed term contract.
The Finance Analyst, reporting to the Senior Finance Manager, will support the day to day finance activities of a major project. This includes helping to develop and deliver accurate and timely reporting to facilitate Senior Stakeholders ability to meet their financial budgets and objectives. The successful candidate will have direct involvement in these projects and has a real opportunity to make an impact and influence.
- Prepare and consolidate detailed budgets and forecasts for the project, including both capital and revenue spend.
- Preparation of monthly cost review packs on project performance.
- Develop month end process improvements.
- Maintain and control the Risks, Opportunities, Issues and Dependencies log.
- Maintain project cost trackers, identifying and investigating any variances and tracking resource spend.
- Liaise with third party logistics operator and challenge costs.
- Ensure best practice financial controls are in place and expense procedures are adhered to.
- Working with other Finance resources (including Systems Finance Managers) to gain latest forecasts across the project and assisting in preparation of Board presentations.
- Ensure reporting, reviewing and monitoring process develops in line with the project and the project's Stakeholder requirements.
- Providing ad hoc commercial support.
To be considered for this impressive job opportunity you MUST meet the following criteria:
- 2:1 Graduate or higher
- Solid, relevant experience including budgeting/forecasting and cost analysis - preferably from Retail/Wholesale/FMCG or major blue chip
- Part qualified CIMA/ACCA or equivalent highly desirable
- Professional, articulate, with impeccable communication skills
- Stakeholder management experience; must be confident and assertive, able to push back as/when needed and influence at all levels
- Extremely engaging, enthusiastic, with a lively, upbeat personality and gsoh
- Able to start immediately or on 1 week notice
This is a phenomenal chance to join what is generally considered as one of the best employers in the UK, working on a key project with a high visibility and influence.