Electronic Design Engineer, Embedded Systems
Electronic Engineer - Red Forge Ltd
Redditch based Red Forge Ltd has been designing, manufacturing and installing On-Vehicle Weighing and Axle Load Indicators since the early 1980’s and is looking to recruit an Electronic Design and Development Engineer to continue product development. This is a leading role within the company seeing development projects through from start through to production.
Design and development of electronic systems for on-vehicle weighing. The role requires development of next generation systems (hardware and software) along with supporting the existing product range. Practical, cost-effective designs are required to maximize simplicity in use, production, testing and installation. Final designs have to be able to meet VCA EMC type approval regulations.
* Degree in Electronic Engineering or similar
* Minimum of 5 years industrial experience (automotive advantageous)
* Experience of full product life-cycle
* Good knowledge of C/C++
* Good knowledge of microcontroller based systems (Microchip PIC18 advantageous)
* Knowledge of analogue electronics for instrumentation
* Knowledge of some of the following:
Design for EMC
CAN bus SAE J1939
Source code control systems
Salary circa £35,000 - £45,000 negotiable depending upon qualifications and experience
Strictly No Agencies