Credit Control - Milton Keynes
Credit Controller - Milton Keynes
The individual will actively chase clients and challenge partners to achieve maximum cash collections to help reduce aged Debt in line with the Firm's Credit Control procedures.
The team provides reports on individual client debts and payments, statements of account and answers queries.
This is a highly visible client facing role with the opportunity to develop a good working relationship with our clients as well as Practice Groups, and the Finance department.
- Providing Credit Control support to an allocated group of Fee Earners.
- Chasing clients by phone, email and letter, for payment within the Firm's Credit Policy, while at all times being mindful of client relationships.
- Liaising closely with Fee Earners and Secretaries.
- Escalating queries to Fee Earners and the Credit Control Manager.
- Keeping accurate records of actions taken.
- Identifying debts for escalation to the Credit Control Manager.
- Producing letters, statements and reports as required.
- Being the first point of contact in the absence of the Credit Control Manager.
- At least 5 years credit control experience. Some experience within a law firm would be advantageous, but is not essential.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to client care.
- Good Excel spreadsheet skills. Preferably able to build vlookups and pivot tables.
- Able to take ownership of their own workload while seeking guidance where necessary.
- Proven ability to build good relationships with internal & external clients.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to cover tasks in the absence of the Credit Control Manager.
25-30 hours per week. Times to be agreed.
Monday to Friday: 5 days per week.