Salary: Up to £32k per annum + Benefits
Founded in 1986, our client's organisation is the trade association for all those working in the field of design, supporting them and championing the transformative power of design. Their membership consists of 450 design consultancies and design-driven businesses, including many of the brightest and most respected names. They work to build universal confidence in design investment and promote the power of effective design. The bridge between design and business, they are committed to promoting the use of design at a strategic level to solve business and societal problems.
A key part of the company's role is to represent the design industry in the wider world - in particular, in its dealings with government and the media. Whatever the issue, it's their job to ensure that their members' collective voice is heard.
Working in an exciting and dynamic industry, with inspiring and market-leading design professionals, it will be your job, along with the Head of Services, to grow the membership base of the organisation. Together, you will be responsible for both developing and following up on leads and converting these into new members, and for servicing and retaining existing members through their engagement with the organisation's products and services.
You will work closely and collaboratively with the marketing and communications team, aligning new member pipeline and lead generation activity with their marketing and communications activity (and they vice versa). You will help facilitate the gathering of data and the development of actionable insights into the organisation's customer base that both help to support your recruitment sales work and the development of improved member products and services.
You'll maintain regular contact with members, including face-to-face meetings and be available to travel across the UK. You will ensure that monthly and annual member recruitment/retention targets are met and reported accurately.
Ideally, you'll have experience in membership recruitment and client servicing, with an ability to nurture genuine relationships with current and future members. You'll foster a deep culture of engagement and collaboration between the organisation and its members. You will facilitate the company's understanding of the business objectives and characteristics of member segments and will interact with members to continuously obtain feedback on the quality of products, service levels and overall satisfaction.
You will possess superb communication skills, with the ability to understand and proactively identify member needs and effectively communicate them internally. You will be extremely organised, resourceful and detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple work streams simultaneously and will possess the initiative to find solutions independently. You will need a strong understanding of CRM / Member database systems and have experience in managing a large membership with diverse priorities.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Support the Head of Services to deliver the organisation's membership revenue budget targets.
- Collaborate with your colleagues to research, develop, manage and implement member services that are engaging, relevant, user-friendly, of value and provide tangible benefit to members.
- Source and recruit appropriate Experts and evolve/manage the suite of member partnerships in place (e.g. discounted insurance, member helplines).
- Manage and develop the content and tools available online via the "Members' Area" section of the company website.
- Field enquiries from potential and existing members; explaining the benefits of membership, sharing or signposting relevant information and putting them in touch with other colleagues as required.
- Work with the marketing and communications team to develop and implement marketing and sales strategies that drive service use, feed the sales pipeline and maximise membership revenue.
- Work with the Head of Services and the communications marketing team to ensure the quality and impact of products and services are continuously monitored, maintained and developed.
- Have a detailed understanding of the membership database (Integra) and related company Directory. Ensure that data integrity is maintained and seek/action opportunities to make the best use of various sources of member data.
- The company is a small organisation, so the Membership Manager will need to be flexible to take on additional tasks as required.
Closing date: 5pm 7th April 2017
Please submit a CV and cover letter detailing how you meet the requirements of the post.
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.