Secure yourself a fire-proof career…
Are you a highly organised and proactive Credit Control professional looking for a varied role within an organisation that will support and encourage your career development? If so, and you have a keen eye for detail and a meticulous approach to work, don’t miss this superb opportunity to join the fast-growing Jackson Fire and Security at its head office in Mold.
Who will I be working with?
Jackson Fire and Security is one of the leading independent fire and security solutions providers and has been rapidly expanding the operations across the UK. The company has grown steadily since it formed in 1991 and is now one of the most respected solutions led companies operating in the field. Offering installation and maintenance services, Jackson offers a wide range of solutions from basic fire extinguishers through to large commercial installations. Recent investment at the head office included commissioning of a £30,000 bespoke training room enabling Engineers to refresh their fire and security alarm repair and maintenance skills. The facility boasts seven complete alarm systems including Siemens and Honeywell for new recruits to train on.
What will this role of Credit Controller entail?
As the sole Credit Controller, you’ll be reporting to and working closely with the Finance Manager to actively chase outstanding debts by phone, resolving queries and processing payments to maximise cash flow. Your varied duties will include, although not be limited to:
- Chasing outstanding debts by phone, email and letter for Head Office and branches across the UK
- Allocating payments and updating branch ledgers
- Reconciling bank accounts daily
- Producing monthly BACS collection run
- Resolving all customer queries promptly, delivering the highest standards of service
- Raising credit notes
- Updating records and amending Customer contracts
- Maintaining daily diary and schedule of calls
- Weekly reporting of overdues and production of monthly cash flow forecast
- Escalating collection activity and taking legal action if necessary
What will I need to be considered for this Credit Controller vacancy?
- Proven experience within an office based Credit Control role, ideally in a services environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to take a more forceful approach to achieve results when required
- Driven with a professional attitude
- Proactive approach to work with exceptional problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Superb planning and organisation skills with ability to effectively prioritise workload
- IT literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
Due to the nature of the business, successful applicants will be subject to a screening in accordance with BS7858:2012.
What will I receive in return?
You’ll have the opportunity to join an ambitious business in a highly autonomous role, yet have the full support of the head office to ensure you meet and exceed your targets.
Salary: £20,000 to £23,000 level dependent on experience and qualification
Additional Benefits: Annual profit share scheme, 20 days annual leave with increased holidays for time served, extra holiday on birthdays
Hours of Work: 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday although part time hours (minimum of 3 days) would be considered for the right candidate.
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Mold (Flintshire, North Wales)
All applications to be submitted online and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
This Credit Controller vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Jackson Fire and Security. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker to help you make informed decisions. By applying for this role you are submitting your CV directly to our above named client. Please note that we DO NOT operate as a recruitment agency, all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Jackson Fire and Security, and should they wish to progress your application further they will be in contact with you.
Feel free to visit www.JVPJobs.co.uk to access CV and interview tips, apply for advertised vacancies, and set up email job alerts.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81386224