Biomass Engineering Manager
This role for an experienced Engineering Manager who will be responsible for the day to day production and maintenance of three solid-biomass combined heat and power plants together with its interface with the ongoing activity of a virgin wood pellet manufacturing process.
The successful candidate will lead a team to ensure full safety and environmental compliance for the consumption and generation of energy. Delivering business performance targets in line with annual budget commitments and increasing efficiency, control and measurement through the development of people, plant and process.
The Engineering Manager primary role will be:
- The effective planning and internal coordination for maintenance outages, to improve safety and to maximise efficiency.
- The responsibility for the effective and efficient operation and maintenance of the CHP Plant and all associated systems to include woodchip drying infrastructure
- To lead CHP plant production and maintenance personnel in day to day activities
- To contribute to the ongoing development of a Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) System for the site and ensure all PPM is completed safely, cost effectively, on time and to a satisfactory standard.
- Develop, manage and maintain a CMMS for the CHP operations
To be successful in applying for this fantastic opportunity it's important you meet certain criteria including:
- Supervisory/Management experience in a maintenance/engineering role preferably from a power generation or biomass background
- HND/HNC or above, in a relevant Engineering discipline
- Have experience of developing and implementing planned preventative maintenance systems
- Experience in troubleshooting installation, fault finding, and repairs.
- Experienced in managing maintenance teams, shift rotas, resource planning etc.
- Have a background working on biomass CHP units or similar technology
Key Responsibilities: maintenance, management, engineering
Essential Skills: Experienced manager, engineering
Keywords: Maintenance, engineering, manager
We are our client`s exclusive recruitment supplier and are delighted to be recruiting for this position.
Please note that shortlisted applicants will be required to attend a formal interview at our Chester or Manchester office, to enable us to carry out a thorough assessment on behalf of our employer clients.
Unfortunately due to time restrictions we cannot respond to every applicant, in the event that we haven`t contacted you within 48 hours please take it you have not been successful for this particular role, but your details will be kept on file and considered for all future vacancies
We are acting on behalf of the client as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy
We are an equal opportunities agency and welcome applicants from all backgrounds