Nicholas Associates Finance are currently recruiting for a Finance Assistant for our client based in Livingston.
The main purpose of the role will be to assist the Financial Controller, Financial Accountant and the Management Accountant in all accounts aspects including weekly reporting and monthly accounts work.
Key Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Coding of Accounts Payable invoices, review of GRNI on weekly/month end basis
- Raising manual sales ledger invoices as required
- Support Head Office accounts payable and account receivable teams
- Assist with Duty declarations
- Expense Analysis
- Daily preparation of variance reporting, involvement in trials
- Support the preparation & consolidation of actual business results in order to provide senior management with relevant, timely and accurate financial information
- Cover for payroll processing on site, reporting and analysis
Skills and Experience Required:
The ideal candidate will possess a Business or Accounting part/full qualification, HNC/HND or equivalent with a high degree of IT Literacy. Intermediate/Advanced Excel skills are compulsory with strong numerical skills and excellent analytical data handling ability.
You will have experience working in a fast-paced dynamic environment and an understanding of company accounts along with being a confident communicator, able to lay out facts, figures and insights in a clear and transparent way.
You will possess strong planning & organisational skills, able to work autonomously to hit tight deadlines with good relationship building skills and the ability to work across all areas of Finance, and operate in cooperation with other functional areas.
A desire to study further would also be an advantage with this business.
If you are an experienced finance/accounts assistant and looking to progress yourself further then this could be the ideal role for you.