Development Strategy Officer
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Development Strategy, the successful candidate will work within a diverse Development Team to deliver graphic and plan-based information and research and to desk-top publish key documents that will support the continued growth of the Developer Directorate.
Trafford Housing Trust (THT) is an independent housing company providing more than 9,000 quality affordable homes within the Trafford area of Manchester. We are a "profit-for-purpose" organisation, striving for a society transformed, free from poverty, inequality and injustice. We also have Gold Status IIP accreditation.
Trafford Housing Trust encourages a healthy work/life balance and we offer an attractive benefits package for employees, as well as a competitive and transparent system of pay and reward. These benefits include excellent training and development opportunities, a salary sacrifice child care voucher scheme, access to the Social Housing Defined Contribution pension scheme, annual leave allowance starting at 20 days per annum and rising to 30 days per annum with service.
- Supporting the preparation and review of the Developer Business Plan, ensuring it is up to date, takes account of the most recent information on the housing market and is supported by a range of graphic and plan-based information.
- Providing graphic and plan-based research and information on the housing market, housing design and all tenures in areas where Developer is working or planning to work.
- Preparing local area information reports for development sites.
- Presenting key performance information and reports for use by the Developer Directorate, the wider Trust and external partners.
- Creating bespoke project-based design themes, where required, to feed into engagement, presentation and reporting material or tender responses.
- Working alongside Communications and Marketing team to ensure that all material is on-message, responds to strategy and supports and strengthens the brand reputation of the Trust.
- Maintaining an excellent knowledge of the external environment and identify areas of best practice that can be applied to Developer.
- Ensuring compliance with best practice and legislative requirements when presenting or publishing plan based material. E.g. Ordnance Survey licensing information and data protection.
The successful candidate will have had previous experienceworking in a similar property or development business and be able to demonstrate experience in independently being able to source and manipulate data for GIS, reports and presentations. They must have experience in using a range of design and mapping software in a business environment, including expertise in using MapInfo, InDesign, AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite as a minimum.
- Experience of building strong relationships and delivering joined up services across multiple organisations
- Strong background in developing and managing locally-based development or community projects
- Proven track record in relevant technical area and may have recognised vocational or professional qualification, e.g. recognised project management qualification
- Proven experience in management/supervision, ideally with experience of budget and contract management
- Proven practical experience in similar working environment, ideally with experience of partnership working
- Knowledge of service area and public sector context
Ability to operate as a technical lead, advising others using technical and professional expertise.
£33,106 - £37,479 with flexible working and a great pension scheme