Policy Coordinator. Trade Association. Moorgate . Full Time Permanent. Up to £30k plus bens.
A stunning opportunity for an experienced and dedicated Policy Assistant/Coordinator to join the team of a highly respected and influential Trade Association in central London
Key Activities & Responsibilities
- Support the secretariat of key committees such as the International Regulatory Strategy Group, including drafting agendas and papers for discussion, administering attendee lists and making all necessary logistical arrangements.
- Manage and update policy spreadsheet, which lists all relevant policy positions developed by the PPAteam.
- Support the programme of bilateral Financial Services Dialogues (FSDs), arranging delegations, providing secretariat functions and co-ordinating occasional research papers.
- Assist the HoP and the Head of Public Affairs in delivering senior stakeholder engagement programme.
- Work with the PPA team, the marketing and PR teams and others on the production of key pieces of collateral. This can involve managing the production process and co-ordinating content from steering groups, interviews and other sources.
- Provide briefings for senior colleagues in advance of high level meetings.
- Take notes at meetings and events and arrange follow up actions as required, such as drafting correspondence, blogs and newsletters.
- Writing speeches for Directors and Chairmen as required, in consultation with colleagues.
- Utilise project management framework as appropriate.
- Carry out any other duties as reasonably instructed.
- Basic understanding of and interest in financial markets, products, economics and public policy.
- Experience of and/or interest in Government, UK and European policy-making institutions, key industry bodies, think tanks and financial sector organisations.
- Good influencing, communications and writing skills.
- Ability to network, develop relationships and work with senior individuals across a range of organisations.
- Self-starter, prioritises tasks, attention to detail, conscientious, takes responsibility and ownership.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously, resilient and inclusive approach to projects.