Financial Mngt Asst Accountant - Insurance exp req
A Lloyds Underwriting Group based in the City of London seeks a PQ Accounting person, with 2-4 years related experience, experienced in technical and expense results, forecasts, plans and other relevant management information. Insurance market background would be essential.
The company are seeking a person who has strong planning and priorising skills, who can communicate clearly and persuasively, both orally and in writing with strong problem solving skills, who can analyse situations, diagnose problems, identify the key issues, establish and weigh up alternative courses of action and produce a logical, practical and acceptable solution.
The role will be varied, assisting with the consolidation of company results for applicable entities ensuring information is made transparent and highlighting key business drivers of results, both UW and expenses.
- Produce the reporting of actual performance against applicable benchmarks, forecasting, budgeting and planning deliveries internally and for the Group, and presentation to management.
- All internal management reporting, board papers & local management information made on request.
- Assist with the UW data quality assurance process, including Annual Accounting Model, including relevant interfaces from source systems to the General Ledgers.
- Expense data quality assurance process, include cost centre structures & allocations and managing effectively all expense systems and ensure changes which match the pace of the business
- Be aware and knowledgeable of key assumptions & decisions inherent in the UW & Expense process.Ensure all processes are documented effectively, detailing areas of financial judgement.
- Manage tasks within agreed timetable including booking relevant review meetings with management.
- Critically appraise all processes and assumptions on an ongoing basis with a 'continual improvement outlook' and proactively engage with relevant stakeholders to improve where opportunity exists. Assist in other areas of the team where appropriate and any other ad-hoc task as assigned