How do you fancy setting up a purchasing function, working with a genuine blank page and assuming full responsibility for processes, contractual agreements, spend and compliance in a newly created role? Do you have a proven background in procurement, ideally covering both indirect goods and services as well as goods for resale? Able to get to the Sutton Coldfield area on a daily basis? Then this Purchasing Manager vacancy should be right up your street.
The successful Purchasing Manager will be joining a successful, privately owned business that is one of the leaders in their field, with an outstanding reputation for service and quality. The business has experienced strong organic growth over the last few years and operates out of modern, spacious premises. It has developed a relaxed yet hard working culture where those who get stuck in can progress and develop.
As Purchasing Manager, you will assume full responsibility for the businesses spend across indirect goods and services such as Utilities, IT, Marketing, HR, FM and Capex, defining the procurement process, reviewing existing agreements and re-negotiating where necessary. As this is a newly created role there will be a strong need to build excellent working relationships with key stakeholders, so obtaining their full buy-in and maintaining high levels of face to face interaction will be high on your agenda. Alongside assuming responsibility for the indirect spend, you will be tasked with expanding the businesses growing range of goods for resale - this will be done through regular communication with the customer base to understand their needs and wishes, as well as working closely with suppliers to push key promotions across the customer base. The product range offered will be broad and could include things like PPE, packaging, capital equipment, promotional items, stationary, consumables to name just a few. You will be reporting directly into the MD and will be in a high profile position, offering you the chance to make a real impact and showcase your outstanding negotiation skills and commercial acumen.
To be considered for this Purchasing Manager opportunity it is expected that you will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- A demonstrable background in purchasing / procurement, including indirect goods and services and ideally also incorporating the purchasing of goods for resale.
- CIPS qualification is advantageous but not deemed essential
- Excellent negotiation skills and commercial acumen - this will be clearly evidenced in your CV
- Outstanding communication and rapport building skills, both internally across multiple functions and externally with your supplier base
- Previous experience of supplier relationship management / development would also be advantageous
- An approachable, engaging personality and a strong work ethic
The successful Purchasing Manager will receive a remuneration package that includes:
- Basic salary of circa £40,000 to £42,000
- Contributory pension
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays (rising with service to 25)
- Free on-site parking
- Additional benefits
Gleeson Procurement & Supply Chain is a specialist recruiter of leadership roles and technical specialists on both a permanent and temporary basis, into a number of industries including 3PL, construction, retail, service sector, automotive, aerospace, general manufacturing and FMCG. Please visit our website for further information about our services and to view all of our roles