Financial Controller (part time)
Financial Controller (part time)
Circa £30,000 - £35,000 DOE, pro-rata
We are looking for a part time Financial Controller for our client based in Glasgow City Centre who require someone for an accounting role who will be able to manage and maintain all aspects of the company’s finance function. They do not currently have an internal finance function so the successful applicant will be involved in the establishment of this and managing the transition from the current outsourced provider to the new internal system.
This position is available immediately and it is for 20 hours per week to be worked between the hours of 9am - 5pm spread over at least four days a week. There may be the possibility of the role becoming full time further down the line if desired, but this is not guaranteed.
As a key member of the team, you will work directly with the MD and will have full responsibility for the finance function of the company. This will include implementing and maintaining all financial controls and systems within the business, identifying and recommending potential operational efficiencies and improvements to working practices and procedures (this would include financial and business and could also cover IT). You will also have responsibility to develop the finance team as appropriate.
Duties and key responsibilities would include:
- Oversee the day to day financial activities including preparation of month-end management accounts and year end statutory accounts
- Responsible for setting and checking financial targets and monitoring the performance of each department within the business in line with their set budgets
- Oversee maintenance of the company’s nominal ledger, ensuring all transactions the company undertakes are accurately recorded, and all month end reconciliations are prepared
- Responsibility for the company’s sales and purchase ledgers, ensuring these always reflect amounts owed to and by the company in respect of its customers and suppliers
- Responsible for cash management activities including managing the Credit Controller
- Preparation of payroll and associated returns to HMRC
- Responsibility for all taxation matters including submitting VAT returns and liaising with the company’s tax advisors and HMRC as appropriate
- Preparation and maintenance of the company’s fixed asset register
- Manage the company’s insurance policies
- Annual budgeting and development of forecasting models
You should be an energetic and highly motivated individual with an excellent working knowledge of Excel, an ability to pay fine attention to detail, and used to working to tight deadlines. You will have experience of managing the finance function of a small or medium-sized company, will have high levels of honesty and integrity and be an excellent face-to-face communicator who can work by yourself as well as in a team. You will be inventive, resourceful and engaged in the company, and the company anticipate that the successful candidate will take on additional responsibility over time with the prospect of becoming a member of the management board as the business continues to grow.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. If you feel that meet the requirements for this role and would like to apply, please do so through the link provided. A well written & detailed CV along with a non-generic covering letter specific to this vacancy would add significant weight to your application. Please note that due to time restrictions and the specific candidate requirements for this role, only the most suitable applicants will be contacted.
Exsel Search & Selection are a specialist recruitment firm who are recruiting for this role on behalf of our external employer client.