Buyer - Home, Seasonal and Clothing
Our Client is an established Multi-Channel retailer based in the East Midlands. With plans to continue growth of their estate we are pleased to continue working with them in the growth of their trading teams.
We are currently working with them in the recruitment for a Buyer for their Seasonal, Clothing and Home Decor category.
With Decades of experience and establishment, my client have undergone a huge re branding project over the last few years, creating an image to bring the whole business together. With a network of stores covering the Midlands and the North they are continuing their growth with plans to invest in further store openings not to mention the huge growth on their online side as well.
There could never be a more exciting time to join a business who has not only been established and have a phenomenal reputation but who are actively growing their business and with that the opportunity to grow within the business too.
To be responsible for ensuring that the buying function is maintained effectively, accurately and productively. You must be able to demonstrate a good degree of analytical and numerical ability, as well as a strong commercial awareness to be able to make sound decisions in this product area.
- Manage a range of products across your category
- Understand the core customer of the business and build ranges and promotional strategy that meets their needs and requirement.
- Monitor sales and margin performance of the category and drive key KPI's of sales, rebates and contributions.
- Manage and lead negotiations with Suppliers.
- Build strong relationships with both internal departments and suppliers.
- Use Competitor and customer research to indentify opportunities.
- Complete timely range reviews.
The ideal candidate will have experience working within a FMCG Blue Chip Retailer within Home Decor, Seasonal and Clothing Categories. You will have a strong commercial acumen with the ability to judge the market and maximise sales and margin. A proven track history of working in a high pressured and fast paced environment. You will have strong analytical, communication and influencing skills with the ability to work cross functionally. A desire to develop within the business, with a view to giving the successful candidate overall category responsibility and autonomy.
Competitive Salary plus Benefits.