Job Location: Poole, Dorset
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £22,000 - £35,000 per annum (Depending on Experience)
Hours: 37 hours per week
A fantastic opportunity not to be missed has arisen for either an experienced Production Engineer or a Graduate looking for a career working for a flourishing Manufacturing company, staffed by talented engineers and led by a very experienced Management team - all working to take this company forward in the market as one of the leaders in their field.
This opportunity has arisen due to internal promotion, so the help and guidance is there for the person undertaking this role to develop and settle into this business quickly. In this role you will be ensuring that they continue to manufacture their products to the highest possible standard utilising lean manufacturing throughout the business.
This is a company that puts a high value on its staff and all input is important to ensure that the company strives to achieve its goals. To make sure that you can fit in quickly to the team and role, full training and product knowledge will be given to help you have a successful and rewarding career.
- Identification of manufacturing needs for new products in development and providing facilities & methods to ensure cost effective integration into manufacturing operations
- Reduce variability in manufacturing by providing standard work methods and work instructions
- Supporting the companies Continuous Improvement Methodology through the analysis of KPI data to drive the elimination of waste, utilising Lean, 6 Sigma and other best practice techniques
- Implementing and maintaining best practices and production improvements
- Ensuring the companies Safety and Environmental obligations are met and maintained
- Training and development of production staff to ensure compliance to standard operating procedures
- Overall efficiency and productive 'up-time’ of flow and production lines
- Providing engineering support in the preparation of FMEA and Supplier development documentation
- Providing engineering support to shop floor operatives to ensure minimal interruptions within production, any interruptions are resolved quickly, ensuring quality and safe working are kept upmost.
- Ensuring all machinery and equipment required to carry out production is functional and maintained.
This position requires the following key skills and attributes:
- Previous experience as a Production Engineer within Production / Manufacturing company or a Graduate (Engineering Discipline) looking for the next step in their career.
- A recognised Mechanical, Industrial or Production Engineering qualification
- Experience of using a CAD software package (Solidworks or Inventor preferred)
- Previous exposure to lean manufacturing and quality methodologies
- Experience of working within a production / manufacturing engineering environment
- Practical and innovative
- Dynamic approach
- Computer Literate
In return you will be working for a leading manufacturing company who is already leading the field within the UK and Europe for their products, where you will be offered an opportunity to work with talented Engineering colleagues, career progression, further training and qualifications to help progress within the role / field, a very competitive salary with benefits, free parking.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity and you would like to find out more about it and if it can be the start of a good career move for you, then please send your CV or call our office.
Those who have the right skills and experience, our aim is that you will hear back from us within 24 hours but due to the high number of applications we are receiving at present, we are unable to respond to every application individually so If you do not hear from us within 3 days please assume that your application at this stage has not been successful. As new positions arise we will review any applications already made to us and may contact you about other suitable roles.
Resource Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to a policy of treating all its employees and job applicants equally. It is the policy of the Company to take all reasonable steps to ensure that each applicant is assessed only in accordance on the basis of their qualifications, skills and abilities to perform the relevant duties without prejudice in regards to background, religion, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability or gender.